Life is uncertain. Often we have planned our finances and trips and other small plans but life gets in the way. And what’s the best advice we hear about this life? It is that life happens. People listen to this advice and then forget the rest and get on the flow with their current circumstances whether they keep them happy or not. But what if we took one extra step forward and ask ourselves this, “Life happens but I cannot let this happen to me. I am not a tree and I am free to do whatever I want. How can I turn this adverse situation around?” That’s it. Just one simple question and your mind will begin to wonder what you can do to turn your life around. Often it requires discipline because we are not taught in school how to think and how to keep on thinking after starting. The latter part is what will give us the answer and it is the most difficult task of all. But if you truly want to turn your life around in a positive way and not be affected by situations, then you gotta stand up and think for the solution and then take action. And it’s the same principle on which my 2nd book is based. It is specifically written to enhance your thinking power and make to take action so that you MAKE IT HAPPEN whatever it is you want to do and live a life full of proud moments rather than full of regrets.
Life is not easy. The ups and downs are the must-haves for a meaningful life. It looks good when everything is going well but the real test begins the moment you are lost in the jungle of life and wonder like a small kid to get on the right path. If anyone helps you, it’s good but most of the times, you are forced to get the solution. And it is during such times, we should always have an option to get us back on track. If you are serious about getting back on track when you are lost, read these 9 inspiring books to ignite the fire in you.
For the majority, finding the purpose of life seems to be a daunting task. For some, it’s
Very hard and they give up on their way, but there are very few who go ahead in spite of all odds with perseverance and excel. But they are still not sure whether the work they are doing is moving closer to their purpose for life or they know their purpose for life. At whichever stage you are, how do you know that this is the only purpose of your life? How would you identify it among the ten other things your are pursuing along the way?
There are few things which will tell you that this is the only purpose of your life. If you have these feelings, chances are you are very closer to finding your purpose or you have done with it.
1. You repent not doing it after 5 years.
When you are not sure whether you want to do a particular thing or not, imagine your life five years from now. Would you repent not doing that one thing which you always wanted to do? It the answer is no, then you might want to reconsider why you are interested in doing that. But if the answer is yes, then I am sure you don’t want to regret. Right? Then what are you waiting for? Just push yourself, get uncomfortable and before life gets a chance to make you regret, go get and grab that chance so that you live a life to no regrets. This one thing alone will determine how much you are determined to do a particular thing. When the answer of this question is “yes, I’ll repent”, you’ll feel like crying and helpless and that is the sign my friend you might have found your purpose.
2. It brings tears into your eyes.
Imagine yourself succeeding at what you are doing. Imagine yourself clearly, deeply and thoughtfully. Imagine every vivid detail. Imagine yourself fully immersed in the life of your dreams. Imagine helping all those people who needed your help and have achieved great success from your help. How do you feel? Does it bring tears into your life? It may not. But you need to avoid all distractions, sit quietly and think. If it does, then 110% it’s your purpose for life. No looking back. No second thought. Go do it.
3. It troubles you not doing something about it.
Whatever your dreams are, if you are in the hunt for finding your passion, it is surely related to helping someone or trying to make a difference in the lives of people around the world. When you see the problems people are facing for which you have the solution, you just feel angry or upset why someone isn’t doing anything for the problem. It troubles you when you even think about it. It troubles you to such an extent that now you wan to do something about that. You pity on those who are suffering. If this is the way you feel about something in your life and you feel you have a better solution, welcome my friend into the gates of ‘purpose driven life.’
Your life will be worth living only when you are living with your purpose. So next time when you are in doubt, follow check out for these signs to know whether you are on right track.
We often see successful dancers, actors, anchors, cricketers and other celebrities on TV. We feel that they are awesome and how successful they are with overnight success. We secretly envy why we are not like them and wonder when we will achieve massive success like them. We wish we had a place to live like theirs, a car to drive like theirs, a place to hang out like them, a place to work like theirs. But what we don’t realize is that the hard work behind their successful carriers. Though we might feel that they have contacts and money as their primary influences, blaming them for the things they have will not take us where we want to be. And that brings us to the main reason of our log and that is: “At one point you will definitely realize that you have to spend more time improving yourself and less time watching other people on TV”.
I am always worried about how people stick to their television set and watch needless drama or mindless movie just to pass the day. Though TV is useful and I don’t doubt its credibility, we have a choice everyday to watch what we really need to and what we don’t need at all. And there is no harm in watching other successful people if you are learning from them and applying those life lessons in your life. But if you really want to be successful and want to improve your life standards, you should stop watching family dramas and reality shows. Although they are fun if you really like them but it should be filtered to only some specific shows. When you let TV rule your mind, you’ll see any programme that TV shows you and that is very harmful for your behavior and your future too.
Though there are few channels which are really helpful to you. Channels which show latest discoveries and innovations, newest food recipes, new gadgets and expert advice are all believed to help you in your future. You broaden your mind when you see and learn new things. Your knowledge expands and this results in improved work performance and new innovative ideas for your work.
And if you see the programmes that all are watching, you think like them, you’ll be like them and you’ll have the same result as them. As said by Robin Sharma, “To have the result few have, dare to do the things very few do”.
Till when will it last? When we will realize that it’s time for us to get on TV and do things that make a difference rather than watching other people.
These days, with too many distractions and needless media attention, it is becoming more and more difficult to think for ourselves. By the time we complete our job for the day, we are faced with social media updates, emails and constant attention of other stuff such as TV and newspapers. Needless to say, we are being bombarded from all directions and our attention span is becoming limited. The result is we stop paying attention to the things that matter most to us. Our ‘WE’ time has lost and it has to be founded. That true sense of purpose and satisfaction towards the life can only be developed when we take charge of our life. Below are the few reasons why it is the most important aspect of our life and why should we care about it.
1. Life is uncertain: Last week, a road accident happened on the highway when we were on our way to company. The accident happened between two cars, a truck and a bus. One car had employees of a company – around 10 of them. The tyre suddenly exploded and the driver felt out of control taking the other three vehicles along with it. After the accident, no one in that car survived. Out of 10, three were the heads of their family who were the only source of income and one was the new employee who has joined the company that very day. This made me realize that life is very uncertain and too short for doing the work you don’t want to do.
2. Time passes very quickly: A day passes by slowly but years passes too quickly. Yes, this irony is realized when we become adults. We think that yesterday only we were small and how fast time has changed. We don’t realize how time passes by if we don’t manage it yet we fail to manage it. Think of all the ten people in the above example. If there was anyone in that group who secretly wished that he would do something but did nothing for years but waited, think how he would have felt when approached death before his eyes. All the dreams not pursued, all the words not spoken, all the good deeds not done were full of regrets because he was afraid or felt too shy to pursue them.
3. Excuses are no longer allowed: There is only 1% of population out there which is really working hard and not making excuses. The rest of us are too busy making excuses. When you make excuses to let others believe that you are not pursuing your dreams because of some reason, they might believe you but you cannot fool yourself by making excuses. Deep inside, you know that any excuses you make which is not moving you towards your dream is only killing you. You may choose to entertain yourself by making excuses or you may educate yourself. And remember, in the world of heroes, where only dreams come true, excuses are not allowed.
Whether you think you have time or not, you are right. But that more of time should be used thoughtfully and same too with the lack of time. And the latter option is what drives us towards our dreams faster.
There comes a time in each one of our lives where the number of problems in life from all areas is so much more than our ability to deal with them. Even worse, there’s one more problem associated with the major one. Our mind is totally blank, we don’t know what to do and the moment we try to even think, we are loaded with so many options that we hung up and do nothing. This leads to depression and addiction to bad and unhealthy habits. Even worse, you recall all those days when you used to have so much fun and begin cursing your present life. Does it sound similar to you? Well, this is common problem to most of the people today. And as I encounter more such people day by day, there was an urgent need for a way which could help such people deal with those problems. Here are few things you can do if you have been in such a situation.
1. Realize that you are not alone: Whatever problem we deal in life, we should realize that we are not alone. Millions of people daily are faced with the problem you have right now and they have found their solution too. The question is, ‘What are you going to do to solve your problem?’ Search those people, talk to them and may be you will find a solution.
2. Realize that it’ll take time: All good thing take time. All situations, either good or bad are temporary. Whatever may be your present condition, it’s not your full and final condition. It’s okay to get frustrated and feel that your life will never be same again but you have to make yourself understand that God uses time to test your patience and you have to develop that attitude if you want to change your life for the better.
3. Read self help books: Books are men’s best friend if you pick them wisely. And in this case, self help books will come for your rescue. In this genre, there is solution to each and every problem related to your personality and life. What you have to do is go to the store and pick up a title related to your problem. And whenever you are inspired by any story, article or video, repeat that reading or watching again when you feel sad. It’ll quickly raise your self confidence.
4. Meet people who are inspiring and enthusiastic about life: You have to surround yourself with the enthusiastic people whom you want to be like. More importantly, you have to be with them. If there is none in your surroundings, go search the internet and find the bloggers who are constantly updating their sites to help people like you. If you care for yourself, then you’ll find lots of people ready to help you for free. Read their articles, watch their talks, and think their thoughts. Soon, your thought will change from being like a loser to more of a winner.
5. Take one smallest step at a time: If you have taken all the above steps and you are committed to change your present condition, then you need to take one smallest step daily in the direction of your dreams. And if you want the result fast, take that small step first in the morning and do it consistently. It can be as simple as making a list of all the contacts you want to call on one day and calling few of them on next day and the remaining few on the day after that. You can apply this simple example to any area of life and divide it into smaller steps.
Try using these simple ricks to get your life back on track. In fact, these are the only hacks you need to know if you are really not getting any solution and need a plan to break the walls.
This is an open letter to my friend whom I thought could give some advice on life. Although I could tell this to him directly, I thought it would be better if publish this letter on my blog so that my other friends can read it too and learn if it applies to them.
It’s been years since we know each other and have spend some memorable moments which we will cherish throughout our life, there are few things I want to tell you before we part. Although we are going to be in the same city in future, but before we get back, I wanted to share with you few things about our lives. It just worries me that you are not much happy with your life and want to do something meaningful, and I have just perfect advice for you. Though I cannot call it perfect and I am not perfect either, I experienced these same problems years back but the way I have overcome those obstacles and living the life I am now proud of, I want to give you some teachings on life in a hope that you’ll apply and feel happy about your life again.
I see that you are continuously complaining that life is not like before and you want to do something, you want to quit, you want to get lean, you want to exercise, you want to enjoy life more but what steps are you taking daily in order to get there? Let me get this straight. Watching four hours of TV is not going to solve your problem in any manner. If at the end of day, you are not satisfied with the life you are living, it’s your responsibility to take steps towards what you want in the remaining time. And use your common sense dude, “Is TV going to help you in that?” get the answer yourself.
Another thing is the mental obstruction you face when you hear any useful advice. Leaving your comfort zone is the first thing you have to do if you want to achieve anything worth. When you hear an advice about not watching TV, your comfort zone pulls you toward itself and gives you 1000 reasons why you should stick to your TV.
You want to get lean but how much are you working towards your health. Are you paying attention to your health? You know sugar is bad for your health in the long run then for God’s sake start to minimize the intake slowly in your diet. And if you argue that you only take one full spoon sugar in your whole day, my friend, you eat sugar in a lot more ways you don’t even know. So don’t give me that reason. You are only fooling yourself because you can’t quit sugar. And sugar also helps you in aging. That’s good if you want to get older early. You can’t quit cigarette because you are addicted. But ask yourself, “Can I really do without a cigarette?” The answer is a big YES. Not all can live but most of them are living without a cigarette and you can too. You can’t live without water but you can surely live without a cigarette. And you can quit it to. You are not a five year old child. Right? As you cross 30, your metabolism will be not as it i now and it will be slower than before. All this effects will not be seen until then.
If you want to do something different than your current job, start taking that first small step in the direction of your dreams. Don’t wait for that year, one month or one week. That “SOMEDAY” will never come if you wait. TRUST ME on that.
Don’t give me the excuse that you are not ready for marriage yet. The truth is that you are scared. You are already 26. How much more time do you need? You are already earning enough. And that I am saying because you have found your soul mate. Then what are you waiting for? Sometimes, that thing from which we are running is the key to our success. Who knows that after getting married your life partner motivates or supports you in a way that you didn’t even imagine and that was the only push you needed? Nothing can be as awesome as this one. Don’t run away from marriage. It’s not a jail. It’s more of a freedom actually.
And believe me, there will be no shortcuts. It took me much determination and will power to live a life I had only imagined but if you think that living your life in this way is difficult for you and you are ready every time with an excuse, then for GOD’s sake stop complaining everyday and be happy and if you are not satisfied, then do something every day to get closer to your goals.
You can change your life or you can make excuses, but you can’t do both.